COVID 19 Health and Safety Information
Details for Games during Level 1 – updated 21.9.20
As we are changing to Level 1 at 11.59pm 21st September we are happy to announce:
- Spectators are welcome to attend games from Tuesday onwards.
- Intermediate hockey: ALL divisions will be playing (draw available soon).
- Mini hockey: ALL age groups are playing (draw available soon).
Our Covid QR codes, sign in sheets and sanitiser will remain in the entrance tunnel and we encourage all visitors to continue to use these.
Details for Games during Level 2 – updated 18.8.20
Hockey at Level 2, is going ahead, with the following rules and restrictions.
- If these rules are unable to be followed then Hockey will not be able to run during Level 2.
Please make sure that if your school or team is electing not to take part in hockey at this time you let WHA know as soon as possible (contact Shelley firstname.lastname@example.org or Ned email@example.com).
The Covid-19 app QR codes are available at the entrance of the turfs for signing in and is mandatory. Please ensure players have the app prior to arriving at the turf to prevent queues. Paper sign in sheets also available.
Venue numbers cannot exceed 100 (per turf), therefore:
- Leave the turf promptly on final whistle.
- Team cheers and tapping of sticks is done off the turf.
All teams must provide a completed team list on arrival using one of the below templates or using the Covid app.
MINI Attendance Register for COVID 19 Alert Level 2
INTERMEDIATE Attendance Register for COVID 19 Alert Level 2
SECONDARY Attendance Register for COVID 19 Alert Level 2
- Team lists will be collected at the gate prior to entering the turf. You will need to meet your team outside the gates (no more than 30 minutes prior to game start time).
- Suggest that Team Management sign in using the COVID-19 App at the turf as well.
- SPECTATORS are discouraged for Mini Hockey games while we are in Level 2.
- Team management, players and umpires are encouraged to be the only people entering venues for games alongside the team.
- However, we will allow 1 spectator per player for Mini hockey into the venue, due to the age of participants. No additional spectators or additional children.
- If you have children playing at different times you will need to vacate the premises between game times.
Intermediate and Secondary Hockey:
- At GHC teams lists will be collected at the gate prior to entering the turf or teams are to sign in using the app.
- St Pauls and HBHS, email teams lists through to firstname.lastname@example.org after your game, a photo is suffice.
- NO SPECTATORS for all Intermediate and Secondary Hockey games while we are in Level 2, at all venues.
6 Aside and Club Hockey:
- SPECTATORS are discouraged
- DON’T turn up if you are sick or have symptoms (as you will be asked to leave).
- Sign in with the NZ Covid Tracing app.
- Changing rooms and facilities are not available.
- Toilets are available at the end of the lower building, in changing rooms and the pavilion.
- Do not enter the turf until playing teams have vacated.
- See below for specific instructions for each venue.
- Stay in your end of the dugouts.
- Deal with all your rubbish and leave area clear.
- Clear the turf and dugouts quickly.
- Those wanting to socialise afterwards, stay in your bubbles (match teams) do NOT interact with other bubbles.
- Team cheers, tapping of sticks, Player of the day is to be done off the turf.
- Water fountains will be closed.
- Café will be closed at GHC on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday/Saturday morning/BBQ won’t be running.
- Everyone is expected to abide by amended HNZ health and safety covid rules (click here)
New Rules: Covid-19
With the Covid-19 situation there are a few extra things to be aware of:
- Spitting and bushman nose blowing (blowing your nose without a handkerchief or tissue etc) is a practice that unfortunately occurs in our sport and must stop as it poses a significant risk to other participants
- New Rule:
- A 2 min suspension (green card) to be issued to any player or participant caught spitting or bushman nose blowing.
- Repeat offenders to be shown a yellow card (5 mins).
- Consistent repeat offenders will be subject to a Judicial process
- Defensive Corners and Gear
- It is recommended that defensive masks, gloves etc are not shared, so either players will need to get their own gear OR accept the risk of sharing.
- Alternatively, Captains/Coaches can agree to allow defensive substitutions (no time stoppages) at PC’s where masks are clearly named for those players to return.
View new rule changes ahead of hockey re-starting
After signing in, on the way into the venue you will be asked to clean your hands.
Health & Safety Documents